Hi...TARA KISSOON is an Author, 2D/3D Illustrator and has an e-commerce business which showcases Tara Kissoon Gallery and ITRS Published Books on The Virtual Mall @ www.thevirtualmall.ca. Her Art has a solo exhibit on the Art Show International Gallery, The Gallea, Artsy, Artnet and Redwood Art Group.
Tara Kissoon is a multi-certified Technology, Risk & Security Leader with twenty-five years of technology experience, twenty years of IT Risk and Security experience in the financial services industry. She brings continued success on leading Technology, I.T. Risk and Security programs within large organizations. She is acknowledged as a leader and trusted advisor with a talent for effective resource management, steering traditional, as well as diverse cross-functional staff to achieve short and long-term business objectives.
Tara has a Master of Science (MSc) in Information Security with Upper Second Class Honours from Royal Holloway College, University of London and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with Distinction from Rotman School of Business, University of Toronto. She is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). Tara is currently working on her PhD by Publication, and to date has published her academic research as follows: 1) Optimum Spending on Cybersecurity Measures, 2) Optimum Spending on Cybersecurity Measures: Part II and her recent book: 3) Optimal Spending on Cybersecurity Measures (Hardback ISBN is: 9781032061405) in support of Cybersecurity Initiatives. Tara also published a series of Children Non-Fiction Books which can be purchased on The Book Patch and Amazon in several countries.
- - 7th ABSTRACT – Talent Award: “Louvre”, “Exotic”, “Sacred Heart” - Art Show International Gallery
- 6th OPEN – Talent Award: “Athens” - Art Show International Gallery
- - Service Excellence Award: Cybersecurity Team - Dimension Data Canada
- First mobile handset to achieve Visa and Mastercard NFC Certification on an embedded element - Blackberry
- - Distinction - Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Award of Merit - Royal Holloway, University of London
- Quarterly Achievement Award – Visa
- Achievers Award - CIBC
- Highest Average & First Place – Business Proposal - Indus System Training Centre
ISC2 – Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP):
- Board Member - Toronto Chapter, Participant on the Women's, Undergraduate and Graduate ISC2 Scholarship Review Committee, Participant on the Centre for Cyber Safety & Education: Canadian Advisory Committee
Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) – Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA):
- Gold Level Member, Committee Member – ISACA CACs/EUROCACs/ISRM, Conference Speaker
Leadership Building Activity: University of London's Alumni Ambassador, Board Member (Youth Speak), Judge (Enactus), Build for the Future (TD Bank)
Volunteer/Charitable Events/Personal Interests: Ride to Conquer Cancer, Ride for Heart, Sporting Life 10km run, United Way, Habitat for Humanity, RBC Run for Kids, Volunteer Toronto (Governance Training for New Board Members), York Region Board of Education - Association for Bright Children (ABC) Representative, TD Bank/Youth In Motion - Mentor, Jobs Daughters (Bethel #12: Past Senior Princess), Acrylic Painting, Golf, Music: Vocals, Swimming, Lit (Variety) Night, Girl Guides
Facebook: IT Risk and Security Advisory Services (@ITRISK)